Top Ten Signs You Are Dealing With A Mimic
Sometimes they let little things slip…
10. The treasure chest bit the rogue. And swallowed his arm. Then spit it out, and began making rude (though fairly true) comments about the rogue’s ancestry.
9. When the ranger took favored enemy: aberrations, the GM immediately grabbed Dungeon Denizens Revisited and began muttering about “Otherworldly Resilience.”
8. Your henchmen’s morning report notes that you have two fewer hirelings, and one more wagon, than when you camped the night before.
7. The wardrobe sprouts teeth and tentacles. There is no sign of a faun, or a lion.
6. While most of the props the GM uses to set the bar scene are uncolored plastic, a single beer keg is beautifully painted and has its own custom base.
5. You find an extremely clean and comfortable looking bed. In the middle of a hallway in a blood-soaked dungeon. And it’s got military corners.
4. You handgun periodically yells “Starscream, transform!”
3. Though the castle seemed entirely abandoned, with doors long since broken and windows smashed in, THIS room has a stout and massive ironbound door that seems pristine. And every time the archeologist bard is about to go check it for traps, the GM giggles.
2. A sofa is following you.
1. There’s a crude painted sign on the outhouse that reads “Do not suzpekt that I iz a mimic.”