Top 10 Signs Your Game Group is Looking Forward to Starfinder!
- The players all suggest maybe they can add just a few very modest adjustments to the current Pathfinder game. Like allowing androids, lashunta, and ratfolk PCs. And playing Iron Gods. And adding psychic powers. And lasers. And a spaceship.
- Mondays and Fridays now include a “blog break” to look for more previews on paizo.com. And to debate what alignment each of the newly-revealed gods is most likely to e, since THAT is a great use of everyone’s time!
- The Star Wars vs Star Trek debate has morphed into which one has MORE fantasy elements, since Star Wars has laser swords and space wizards, but Star Trek has multiple pantheons of actual gods, half-elves, and bat’leths.
- The wizard tapes his wand of lightning bolt to the top of a flintlock, and insists on calling it a “blaster.”
- Any NPC that threatens a PC is told he can’t take the sky from them. No further explanation is forthcoming.
- The miniature-focused members of the group are gluing plasma cannons onto lizardfolk, Hellknights, and dragons. … Especially dragon.
- There’s a lot of talk of running. In shadows. And the Emperor. Or Heresy. Or both.
- Everyone picks up a repeating crossbow, and the ranger and magus work together to invent “hollow point” quarrels.
- Your friends are part of why the first offerings of Starfinder games at Gen Con sold out in 30 minutes.
- The inquisitor wants to know if studying mass combat in the Dragon Empires allows him to add “Han” as a descriptor for a class features, and then begins referring to “Han Solo Tactics.”
I’m not saying funding my patreon will get you more Starfinder previews… because it won’t, it totally won’t.